Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SaY gd-bYe 2 mY skY

"Next station, Newton..."
Omgggg, here it comes....iam so scare scareeeee~~~
On the date of 23/11/08 (sunday), is my scariest day in my whole 2008... SIA (Singapore Airline) interview is held in Sheraton's Tower Hotel. *As i mentioned b4 tat iam goin for a flight-stewardess job*

B4 entering the hotel, i saw some pretty gals walk out from the hotel. This make me even more nervous and less confidence as they reali look veri pretty... Thx 4 my meimei who clam me down by saying "Haiyo, no need scare la, u are much taller than them la" keke :P

So after fixing my make up in the toilet, i started queing-up for the registration as the line is getting longer & longer. So i start at around 12pm...


Iam all ready....queing-up


Finish making up and tidying my clothes.. take 1 full-length photo *blink*
So, this are the following situation which happens during my interview ( 2 make my story short la):


12.00pm--
Queue-up for my registration...The registration includes measuring my height & see whether i can reach a line of 210cm high. yuppie, saya boleh =)


The queue in front of me, iam stil waiting 4 the registration

The queue behind me, so u can imagine how many ppl come 4 the interview


2.00pm--
Stil queing up~~~walao,my high heels are making my poor feet ache like nobody business & now is my turn..notice, i queue up for a freaking 2 hours juz for that freaking registration

My meimei waitin 2gether wif me, muacks ^^


2.05pm--
Done my registration, but stil need 2 wait again..wait for the 1st round interview (heard that there are 4 rounds altogether)..*calm down abit*

2.45pm--
Stil waiting.. We sense something wrong as many of the candidates that came after me when into the waiting hall d, so me & my new-knowed-fren went 2 ask...

2.50pm--
walao~~~our form missing d,nvm,they ask us (a group of us,so shuei...) 2 refill the form again..

3.00pm--
finally, they call us (8 gals in a group) 2 the waiting hall for our 1st round interview...Our group number is 85... So agak-agak, got around 600++ candidates came 4 the interview...OMG!!!

3.45pm--
"Group 85"they called...cham,my turn, my turn...iam shaking all over now,so so scare..


1st Round Interview,
We need 2 introduce ourself one by one and iam the 1st person, lagi shake...& i sort of miss 1 question which is asked by the interviewee. Nvm, its ok...juz kip on talking...on & on & on~~

After that, 8 of us wait outside the hall for the 1st round result...Among the 8 of us, 3 of us make it through the next round...& Iam One Of Them!!! Iam so so so so hapi (same as my meimei who waited there so long 4 me)


Uniform-testing Round
3 of us then proceeded 2 the next session...Uniform-testing,iam so excited abt it~~~ Am i dreaming?? wearing a real SIA flight-stewardess uniform..Can u imagine that, how on the earth that i can ever wear a SIA air-stewardess uniform ...

This round test us abt cat-walk, talking skills, 2 see whether we r suitable in wearing their uniform and also 2 check whether there are scars on our exposed-part-body (such as legs and hands)

So, we r given 5 minits 2 change our outfit,tie-up our hair (for those who have long hair), take off all our acessories..


Unfortunately & sadly, i din pass this round...u noe y??

For my guess la, my catwalk did not go so smoothly,hehe...no la...I think it is becuz of my left hand, there is a scar which is left behind during my europe trip (S**t)...aiks~~~

duno how 2 respond 2 that...feel sad lo when i noe abt the result...*i guess so la*

The scar which is "not passed", see?? but the interviewee saw it veri clearly,alamak



But i am quite satisfy 2 pass through the 1st round & i heard that veri veri few ppl pass the 2nd round (like 2 out of 10 gals)
Nvm, can try my luck next time..who noes,i got it leh..
Thx 2 my dearest dearest meimei who company me through the whole process (although she din went in la)...reali wanna sek sek her d,i think she is more exhausted than me~~~


Pity meimei, see how tired is she in the mrt, so paiseh la....reali thx oh =)


& one more thing...iam 170cm, not 172cm (hehe,become shorter d).


Thx 2 all my frenz who waited and asked 4 my interview result~~~

Reali thx 4 all ur concern, although iam stil abit dissapointed, but all urs words make me feel much much better.... Love u all ^^

7 comments:

cindy khor said...

walao...so hard de ah...even u canot pass the rounds so i will surely die de lah...i got so much scars and wounds and scaly skin....but at least its a very very good experience...

joantang said...

very detail blog le, but nvm la, i rather u fail tis time so tht u can hv more time with us in KL(so sui huh)nola, anyway , i wis u 2 get a better job soon...@@~muakz~

Anonymous said...

HI, Mr Anonymous here again..:) Actually, dun feel so disappointed also de.. There is no permanent sadness 1... Besides, u wore the SIA uniform b4 wo... Not everybody got this chance le...walao...!!!

Meanwhile, u going to start ur new job(Interscience) soon le..Hope u can quickly adapt the environment there le..so, no need so scare now rite...Nvm la...When u scare, Mr anonymous call u la...I become ur client...ok??hehehe...

=jus=

elaine said...

jie:
ya...it is a veri gd experience for me,at least i get 2 train myself~~

Joan:
yer,u so sui...i wan get tis job leh actualli..nvm la,mayb next time stil got chance~~

Mr.Anonymous:
haha,thx 2 u again oh ^^
although i feel sad,but i sure will stand up again geh...

r u sure u r willin 2 be my client,then u reali 2 prepare for i will kip calling u de oh =)

aash said...

I love flying by singapore airlines. It's really the only way to fly. If you are new to visiting singapore, you might want to check out this singapore tourism guide online. Lists all the places that you should visit and what you should try out. http://www.visitors.sg

Joan ShArIng HoUse@@~ said...

me jz kidding la..
but u r half qualified d, i totally fail if i go, cz too short(aiks),anyway, im sure u can get better job,rite, gd luck @@~

Edmund said...

SIA don't want you, still got MH or AK... hehe